does anyone not believe in getting the flue shot for your kids?

also the second dose of chicken pox vaccine?       ALSO, does anyone out there believe in getting these vacvines??

meleia396

Asked by meleia396 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Kids' Health

• After repeated exposure to Chicken pox to develop natural immunity with no success (my kids immune systems fought it off every time, they FINALLY got chicken pox in Feb. We do not vaccinate because of all the poisons in the vaccines, not to mention that NONE of them are actually a deterrent to the disease it is supposed to prevent. Scientific studies PROVE that each and every "childhood disease" that kids used to get (e.g. polio, mumps, measles, etc) were drastically declining BEFORE the vaccine was introduced. Vaccines are NOT safe!! 2 of my 3 kids have epilepsy now because of them. The insert on the vial (which dr.'s will REFUSE to show you clearly states in bold capital letters: DO NOT ADMINISTER TO ANYONE WHO HAS OR HAS AN IMMEDIATE FAMILY MEMBER WITH ANY TYPE OF SEIZURE DISORDER. Well, that counts out my kids. OP: you were badly mistreated by that Dr. and nurse! Please write a complaint and DEMAND action be taken!!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:37 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We don't get flu shots. They aren't well tested and they don't work well. They aren't safe.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:56 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• My kids don't get any vaccines. But even if they did they surely wouldn't get these!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:52 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• I selectively vaccinate my daughter. I don't believe in the chicken pox vaccine, honestly, because I got it as a child and got chicken pox 3 times (once immediately after the shot, once from a waiting room when I was 3 or 4 and once after my sister got the vaccine, I have bad scars from all of them and had a bad reaction to the shot). I wouldn't give my child the flu shot because it's almost killed a couple of people in our family (my dad, my grandpa, my mom and me). Our family has a bad history of not reacting well to vaccines.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• NO flu shots for my kids plus NO 2nd shots for the chicken pox...hell no! they are my kids and I still decide what is going to be going through their systems
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:27 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If you think about it with the flu shot the Dr's and nurses always tell you that you will get the flu, it just won't be as bad as getting the flu without the "protection of the vaccine". If the flu shot protects you from getting the flu, but yet expect to get a "milder" case of it after the shot - you are guaranteeing that you WILL get the flu!! HOW is that better than NOT getting the shot?! This is talking out of both sides of your mouth. My family has NEVER had the flu shot and never will. We haven't had the flu in 8 yrs. My parents and friends that I know.....get the flu shot and guess what?! They are laid up in bed for a couple of weeks!! Doesn't make sense to me. And I LOVE it when Dr.'s try to preach to me about how badly my kids need the flu shot. Even though I tell them that we haven't had the flu in 8 yrs, they are like "well your lucky" ummm no, I'm NOT stupid is more like it!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have never gotten my son vaccinated against the flu, nor will we be doing the chicken pox vaccine. However my fiance and I get flu shots.
    Ash9724

Answer by Ash9724 at 11:55 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• We don't do flu shots or chicken pox vaccines.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:00 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I did not get the flu shot for my daughter this year. Even though she's under the age of 1 and is in the high-risk category, I just didn't feel comfortable giving it to her this year. We do everything else though.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Me!

Musicpesces, how do to "stretch out" the flu shot??
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2010