Can anyone tell me if you have had any side effects while on Mirena? If so, what were they?

ditchen4

Asked by ditchen4 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 4, 2010 in Health

• Spotting that is very irregular, although I have had irregular periods historically. Other than that, I don't really notice any side effects.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:59 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• It's way too much for me to type out a complete list, so here's my journal from my symptoms.

Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 12:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Thank you Mrs. BAT. I have at least one day a month where I am completely down! Nausea, fatigue, and dizziness. I also get severe pains on either my right or left side which I think is probably cycsts that break. I also did not attribute the thirst part to the Mirena but since you said that I am CONSTANTLY thirsty! To the point where I was checked for diabetes! I have had the Mirena for just about a year and never had any of this before having it inserted but the physician kept telling me it couldn't possibly be due to the Mirena. Think my x-mas present to myself will be having it removed once and for all! Thanks again!
    ditchen4

Comment by ditchen4 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2010