WHATS HPV? HOW DO U GET IT?

iI know this is not "just for fun" but I really need an answer.My doctor just called and said I have HPV. I have an appointment for next week.
Is this really bad? Im so scared!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Just for Fun

• It can cause cancer and it is transmitted through sex

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• http://www.cdc.gov/STD/HPV/STDFact-HPV.htm

I have it too but none of the symptoms. My Dr says almost every sexually active person has it but has no idea that they have it because it has no symptoms. I was diagnosed with it for 4 yrs ago (who knows how long before that I had it) and I have yet to see any sign of having it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Hpv is called the human Papilloma virus. Its a std. There is no current cute for it and its not to big of a issue except that it has been known to cause certain cervical cancers. Sounds like its alittle late for you but now days they offer a 3 shot seriouse to prevent hpv. ask you doctor what your options are he probably knows alot more.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 11:55 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• So once you get it you can never get rid of it?
    Can you still have kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Yes, you can have kids. I was diagnosed with HPV like 20 years ago. I have healthy kids. It's also genital warts. I noticed funny looking bumps on my pussy and that's why I went to the doctor and found out it was HPV. It hurt to have them burned off, but they never came back. I guess the virus lies dormant in your body. And I've never had an abnormal pap. thanks goodness.
    Anonymous

• HPV (genital warts) is very common. 1 in 4 women have it last I knew. A friend I've known since 7th grade caught it from her first.

http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/h/human_papillomavirus/stats.htm

"No link has been found between HPV and miscarriage, premature delivery, or other pregnancy complications."

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-pregnancy

Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:05 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Is it a one time treatment or do u have to continue with it?
    Im just so scared, I never thought i would get this.
    So that means my husband has it right?
    Anonymous

• There is no cure for HPV. They can treat the outbreaks if you get warts. Some people never have outbreaks. I don't know if your husband has it or not -- if you were with other partners -- he may not. Have you been tested before, so you can place when you got this?
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I taught Human Development at a high school for two years. (It's a class having to do with everything about sex) It's only transmitted sexually, and you can even get it from hand-to-genital contact.
    orangeorbie

Answer by orangeorbie at 1:02 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• There is treatment for it. I had treatment a week ago for it. They freeze the cervix which is not a fun process which kills the abnormal HPV cells. I have to go back to the Dr. in 3 to 6 months to make sure I have no more HPV cells
    Anonymous