question about kids birthday party.....

My four year old son was born the day after Christmas and my 3 year old daughter Jan. 5th. We have there birthday party at Chuck E Cheese the last 3 years. Its getting real old. Last year there was 32 kids at the party, cost us a fortune and that is way to many people to be in our house. So I was thinking we could do a half birthday thing instead in June at the park. Barbque and games. On their real birthdays will do a family thing like movie and dinner or something. What do you ladies think?

MommyTanisha

Asked by MommyTanisha at 12:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Parenting Debate

• Sounds like a good idea.
    JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:18 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Just a thought, if you decide not to do half birthdays, you could see if there is a church gym that you could rent. My cousin does this every year, because her two daughters have a birthdays close together in December. This works out well.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:31 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• with that many people i would think the park will do really well. movie and dinner with just the immediate family would be good too for a birthday outing, but everybody? that would be a fortune too.
    meliscool72

Answer by meliscool72 at 3:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think it is a great idea.

Answer by older at 8:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Is it too cold to go to the park now? I'm taking my daughter to an outdoor birthday party today actually, with bbq and games and a bounce house.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 8:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Great idea!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• That is great. My friend's little brother was born on Christmas so they do a half birthday and he gets a pool party.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 12:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Good idea.

My husband and I both have Christams week B-days (his is on Christmas)- our kids have Summer B-days- Surprise, surprise.

June is hard too - our daughter's b-day, our anniversary, Father's Day, graduations......
    Plus remember Summer vacations-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• solflshelley its like 20 degrees and there is like 2 ft of snow on the ground so yea its to cold. lol
    MommyTanisha

Comment by MommyTanisha (original poster) at 1:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My son is born ON Christmas, so yes- we did a family thing and then a half birthday. It was nice because then they have two things to look forward to Birthday and Christmas- before changing over, it was all in one shot more or less and by summer, he wanted a bike or something and craved a celebration. We did not start until he was 8 which was a few years too late...IMO
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 2:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010