what do I do I need some help please adult content

I have rare blood type and I didn't get my rogam shot during my last pregnancy while I was pregnant and the doctor told me that where she also had a negative I didn't need to have a rogam shot I was just woundering if that would effect me ever haveing kids or getting pregnant ever again

angelfirebaby88

Asked by angelfirebaby88 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• It won't affect your fertility. What is your SO's blood type? If your daughter is Rh negative, then he probably is, too, which means you wouldn't need the RhoGam shot. Double check his blood type, though. An Rh positive baby's blood and your blood mixing can lead to serious blood clots, and that can be really dangerous.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• mine is anegative and so is my daughters but I don't know what his is though and neither does he
    angelfirebaby88

Comment by angelfirebaby88 (original poster) at 12:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have a RH negative blood type also. If you have another baby alls you have to do is just get the shot. I dont think it matters if you get the shot and the baby turns out to have the same blood type but it WILL matters if you dont get the shot and the baby dose not have the same blood type and your blood types cross.
    AmberNicoley

Answer by AmberNicoley at 1:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If you're not sure and he's not sure (FYI, super simple blood test to find out what type he has), you should get the RhoGam shot next time. It's not so bad, just one shot when you're about 20 weeks, and another when you go into labor. No big deal.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2010