now What????

I was at labor and delivery from 2:00 am to 8:00 AM this morning. I went in due to some blood tinged mucus lower back pain and the poops lol. They gave me some IV fluids and sent me home. I am a repeat c-section. I was told that by the midwife there that he was "fully engaged" and i was 50% effaced and 1 cm dialated. I am 36 weeks pg now. Anywho as off today i am still haveing the back pains and the mucus is still coming out. I have so much pressure when i walk it crazy. I asked if that was indead my plug and bloddy show that i lost and they told me maybe lol. What kind of answer is maybe anyways? I went there for answers. And my "low back pains" were showing up on the contraction chart they were there i wasnt crazy yet they act like its no big deal. My doctor with the last pg said that being in labor during a c-section makes the risk higher so my questions are What are these guys waiting on? And also is it normal to just keep loosing mucus, Every time i pee sneeze anything what do ya know there it is. Any advice would be great. Should i get a second opnion from anoth doc or midwife? I want my baby to "bake a little longer" of course but I want him to be born safe with the least risk as possible. I just want answeres i am so tired of going to the Doctors and hearing Maybe. Anywho thanks for the help.

piorkowski

Asked by piorkowski at 12:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Welcome to the fact that they don't know as much as you expect them to. That's because you have a living body, not a machine. They can't tell you if it was bloody show unless they see it. The hospital does not consider you in active labor until you are 4 cm dilated. So it doesn't matter how much bloody show you have, until you're 4 cm, they won't admit you. The very best thing you can do is relax and let it happen. Getting a second opinion isn't going to change anything. Tired of hearing maybe? That's what "expecting" is all about! Good luck, mama!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• PS, any particular reason you don't want to deliver vaginally?
    Adelicious

• My doctor says thats not an option since i have had 2 c-sections already. He dosn't seem to be a fan of VBAC. I asked when i was pg with the second and he made it seem with him atleast that it wasnt an option :(
    piorkowski

Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 12:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• But I would have loved to be able to deliever a child naturally.......... I feels like i have missed out on so much ya know
    piorkowski

Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 12:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I wonder why he's stalling then.... you just might get your wish! Either way, try to relax, drink some tea, take a nice warm bath, tell your husband to be nice to you. Good luck! Oh, and Drink LOts of Water!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 12:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• thanks so much for your help and your advice :)
    piorkowski

Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 12:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• ANd that is a good question. Hat is he waiting on lol thats what i wanna know haha
    piorkowski

Comment by piorkowski (original poster) at 12:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Since you mentioned it, yah, look for another provider.
    Why have a surgical birth if you don't *need* one??

I encourage you to work for the safest route possible. This might mean getting someone else to help you deliver the way you feel is a priority.
    But who ever is hired to attend you, they can't force you to have a cesarean.
    Lots to say about this~ if you want to talk.

And the body will do what it needs to when it needs to~ whenever that may be...
    You might have lost your plug but it is so irrelevant, no reason bothering to know IF you did or not. No difference.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:12 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• BTW, you can be this way off and on for weeks-months.   It might not be Time for a long while yet.    What you experienced can be normal for the last trimester.  

Why the last weeks of pregnancy count | Pregnancy | March of Dimes

doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2010