When do you get time to read?

I find myself with very little time to read. I read a chapter or two of the book I'm working on at any given time in bed before going to sleep, and I read magazines while on the elliptical or the bike at the gym. Other than that, I don't get much time to read. When do you find the time?

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 1:00 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I have always read for FUN... I could read at 4 years old, ---before I went to school. I loved the pictures in the beautiful books in my parent's house--- and I pestered, and pestered my older sister to read the stories to me. She soon got tired of that,---and taught me how to read the stories MYSELF ! ( Just goes to show the value of having books available to your kids ! ) Anyway,--- I MAKE TIME TO READ ! Time that maybe is " TV time " to others, to me is---" Reading Time ". I love to read in bed at night !
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 1:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Bathroom!! haha
    letlovegrow2524

Answer by letlovegrow2524 at 1:26 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I work full-time so I usually read on my lunch break and then again right before bed as it relaxes me until I'm sleepy.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 9:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• right before bed
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 12:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• At bedtime and occasionally when there's nothing good on TV
    booksandhooks

Answer by booksandhooks at 1:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I could be reading right now, but I'm on cafemom. In other words, I don't read very often. :(
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:03 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If I am substituting at the middle or high school, I normally get a 2 hour break at some point in the day. I take this time to read. We also have family reading time. The first part of it is spent either listening to my son read his little reader books (he is just learning to read) or we read to him. The second part, we all read our own books. Our son will look at the pictures to see what the story is about. I may only get a few pages in doing this. I also read after he goes to bed, but I have to be careful or I will stay up all night reading. And lastly, when my in laws watch our son, my husband and I will sit out on the porch and read instead of going to a movie.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:07 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I read while taking baths, and for 1-2 hours before falling asleep each night.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 1:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Times like right now. Baby is at grandma's, DH is at work (would normally be in bed, though). I usually sneak away to the bathroom for a few minutes here and there throughout the day to read. I sit in my car or the cafeteria at the college for a little longer than I HAVE to be there to read.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 1:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• before there was internet I was reading a book every 2 days.....but now it has changed and I read once a month at the laundry mat when I do the comforters...I have spent 2 months on the same book
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2010