Selfish husband ?

Ok where to begin well im here at home 24/7 with my daughter while my husband works almost 5-7 days out the week so when he finally gets a day or two off he just wants to be home cus either he worked all week and he just wants to relax or cus hes never home and i hate it cus im home 24/7 and i never go anywhere neither does my daughter so today he was off and we were gonna go out i got ready he got ready and i got my daughter ready he left to get some keys from his work and he took my daughter so i can get ready then he comes home and hes here on the laptop and im waiting for him so we can leave then his co worker texts him to tell him she has a laptop that needs to be fix so he says ok she drops it off and its just getting later and later i kept telling him are we gonna go anywhere hes like well if you want but i really dont feel like it im like ok lets go and hes like hold on im doing something and the time passes by i look at the clock and its already like 9:30 pm so i tell him to put my daughter to bed and he says ok and he said to make sure her bed is clear off and i was like ok and i came back i told him i was done and i *sighed* and hes like whats wrong and i told him i wanted to go somewhere and now its to late hes like oh well 2marrow is another day and so we end up fighting and he pushes me cus i keep nagging at him and he just goes to bed without saying sorry ..ladies help me out here is that being selfish

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Sounds like you are more of the selfish one. Even if you are at home and don't have a car, you can still get out of the house and nothing is stopping you from getting out on the weekends when he wants to stay at home.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I can understand both sides. He should definitely say sorry for pushing you. You should get yourself and your daughter ready to go out, tomorrow morning...and go to the park or mall or zoo...with or without your husband. Of course ask him if he wants to go out while you're getting ready. If he says, yes, then great. Go out to breakfast, do something with your family. If not, just go out with your daughter or even better, ask hubby to watch your daughter and you go out for an hour or two to give yourself some "me time". Good luck. Hope your situation gets better.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Can you not drive? When he is home can you take the car? The way I see it is, if you have a way to get out of the house, take it. Being inside 24/7 isn't healthy for anyone. You tell him that unless he wants to deal with you going crazy from lack of activity/diversity then he needs to make sure you and your daughter can have some time out and about.

Me and my hubby also split one car, which sucks at times. But, if me and my son can manage to be ready by the time he needs to leave for work, we all drive together, drop him off at work, and pick him up when he gets off, or sometimes we even swap the car at his lunch. That's an idea.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 2:33 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• DomoniqueW S , yes i know how to drive its just that i dont have my license and my husband wont let me keep the car unless i have it i would love to keep the car and take him to work but its not that easy ive been telling him to take me so i can get my license but he works to damn much and on his days off he just wants to be home ugh and i hate it but there nothing i can really do about it and i hate taking the bus especially with a year and seven month old it would be so much easier with a car but i dont get to keep it :-/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Is there anyone else you know who could take you for your license?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Did you think that maybe he thinks your being selfish? I'm a SAHM, so I know how you feel. BUT, he is gone all the time. Maybe he just wants to be at home and lounge. When he is home and doesn't want to go out, then you go by yourself. Leave your DD and get out for some retail therapy. Go to a movie or whatever. This gets you out and gives you a break. Then bring home an indoor picnic for the family. I know how hard it is to have time alone and you want to spend time with DH, but maybe he wants a break too. I'm sorry I'm not much help, but I hope things get better.

krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 9:38 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It doesn't sound like you're being selfish, but it could just be a case where he got caught up in work and then was too tired to want to do anything outside of the house. I think that you need to not look to him to go out. I, too, think that whether or not you have a car, you should get out and go for a walk and not stay in the house waiting for him to take you. I would definitely push to get your license, though. It will give you more independence, and then maybe when you decide you and your DD are going to go out--whether or not he comes--he might change his mind and go with you. Good luck!
    Chocolatespring

Answer by Chocolatespring at 11:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010