is having to many pets a bad thing?

i have 11 cats and 3 dogs, but they are all well taken care of i ake them to the vet when needed and show all the love in the world. but still does this make me a hoader?

lilcalimom02

Asked by lilcalimom02 at 1:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pets

• I'd say if you're able to take care of them AND your family, then it's entirely up to you. I only see a problem if people aren't taking care of their pets, or they feed their pets but beg for money to help pay the bills. I've met so many people like that!
    Adelicious

Answer by Adelicious at 1:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think it depends on the size of the house if they are all indoor, if the pets negatively effect the people who live with you, does the number of pets effect your social or economic lifestyle, etc.
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 1:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• That's a lot of pets! What are the codes where you live? Most cities and town have laws regarding how many pets you can have.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• only 4 out of 11 cats stay inside the other are indoor/outdoor but the dogs stay in the backroom and back yard. our house is pretty big and we have huge backyard and front yard.our neighbors never complain out our animals.
    lilcalimom02

Comment by lilcalimom02 (original poster) at 2:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• As long as everybody is taken care of, why not? My question is, how often do you clean? All that poop has to go somewhere. Are you sure that they don't sneak over to the neighbors yard?confused

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 3:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't see the problem if you take care of them--- and can take care of them...
    IndigoRose

Answer by IndigoRose at 2:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• provided they are all innoculated, fixed, and properly fed, I see no problem with it.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 2:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i clean everyday inside the house and outside so i stay busy from 5am to about 10 pm. that includes all the errands and picking the kids up from school. other than that my house is pretty clean. if you were to walk in my house you would not no there was so many animals. lol
    lilcalimom02

Comment by lilcalimom02 (original poster) at 3:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• no I wouldn't think you were a hoarder.
    homeschoolin432

Answer by homeschoolin432 at 10:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Hoarding is a lot more than too many pets.

Don't get anymore though.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:33 AM on Dec. 6, 2010