im dilated to 3 1/2 and 80% effacement how much longer before i go into labor the dr told me he wants me at 4 before i stay at the hospital how can i dilate to 4 if im 3 1/2 now???

Nicole F.

Asked by Nicole F. at 1:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• You'll get there are you having any contractions yet ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Honestly, it's NO INDICATION of when you'll go into labor. I've had women dilated to 4 for WEEKS, and others closed up and 0% effaced who were holding a baby the next day. Don't put too much stock into those checks. All you can do is the old sex and walking routine. Also, raspberry leaf tea is great. You can try nipple stimulation, but you have to keep it going in order for it to work (as in, for HOURS).
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• LOL, sleeeeep. I understand the anxiusness...but if someone had told me how truly exhausted I would be after labor I would have been asleep every second possible. As a PP said..it really is no indication. My little sister was at 4 90%effaced for 3 weeks. Relax.It will happen when it happens.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It can be 5 minutes or two months... Or anything in-between.

Avoiding getting your cervix checked can help you not to focus on those things that don't matter. When you are in labor you will go in. No need to know what dilation you are at.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 4:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2010