Have you had your wisdom teeth taken out?

I was wondering if so all 4 of them ? at once ?
did it heal fast? get any stitches? what were you able to eat?

I'll be gettin mine taken out on the 8th and Dr said hwo they will have to put stitches after they take them out, they will put me to sleep while they take them all 4 out.
kind of scary .. curious if i be able to eat anything or what :'( & it be soo painful & long time to heal .. Yikes!

20_mama_3

Asked by 20_mama_3 at 1:43 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Health

• I've had all 4 of mine removed, not all at once though so I wasn't put out. No stitches needed though, they do take a little while to heal, but over all it wasn't so bad. I think I was able to eat a cheeseburger that night, with some pain, but a softer diet for the first few days might be helpful, and make sure you rinse out your mouth good after you eat so you don't get food stuffs stuck in the holes.
    gumby11883

Answer by gumby11883 at 1:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I had them taken out in bootcamp. All 4 at one time, it was not really a big deal. They did not knock me out just numbed my gums. They pushed ensure on us but it was too disgusting to drink. I wound up eating a lot of peanut butter sandwiches. It was not really a big deal. You will be fine.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:46 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I had all 4 taken out my senior year of high school. The recovery wasn't so bad, just liquefied food for a couple of days and Vicodin as needed. No straws (the sucking will remove any clots that have formed, making you bleed), and keep foods soft for a bit. If it feels like it might be too hard, the it's too hard. Just progress as you see fit. You'll be fine, mama! It's no big deal. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• had 3 removed, kept my bottom right wisdom tooth because the doc said if they remove that one it will cause the right side of my mouth and face to be numb for life...'cause it is right on top of a nerve. 2 were impacted and infected. it took 2 weeks for me to recover. liquid diet during that time. painful. but during, you're out, so you won't even know it happened. you'll be fine.
    Katie80620

Answer by Katie80620 at 1:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I had mine yanked one at a time, At separate visits. I had novocaine, but was not put to sleep. One of them required stitches. Its not that bad. the act of pulling them was quick and painless. My mouth was a bit sore for a few days, but nothing a little ibuprofen couldn't take care of.

sulkygirl79

Answer by sulkygirl79 at 1:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I had 4 removed. 2 at a time. I was put to sleep also and had a lot of stitches because mine were impacted(growing underneath the gums sideways) I had a long healing time because of the amount of stitches I had and also got dry sockets from drinking through a straw but I almost had to because I couldn't eat anything even close to solid for a while(couple weeks) and anything I drank tasted so so bad to me. I lost about 10 pounds though...lol. But after all was said and done I was so glad I went through it all because i didn't have the pain anymore which was almost exactly like a bad ear ache.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I had my upper two wisdoms taken out when I was only 22 and my lower wisdoms, one at a time when I was 45 and 46. I developed two dry sockets when I had the lower two taken out and I was in so much pain. I am happy I had them all removed though.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 1:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I only had 2 develope but they were impacted and had cracked a tooth in front of it. i was put out. I did have stitches but it wasn't that bad. I followed the Dr's advice and never drank through a straw. It was a little painfull for about 3 days. I was back to work 2 days later w/o meds. Just follow directions and it will be fine.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:03 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I had all 4 at once. I was supposed to be only partially asleep but I was totally out for most of it. I did have stitches but it was a long time ago so I don't really remember what I ate. Probably really soft foods. Mine healed really fast and I didn't swell very much. My husband had his out 2 at a time and he ate Chinese food that night and got sweet and sour chicken in one of the sockets. Don't do that.
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 2:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Good luck!
    ganna04

Answer by ganna04 at 2:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2010