im worried laying on my back at 31 weeks for like will hurt baby? it not long.

im worried laying on my back at 31 weeks pregnant for like 15  mins or so will hurt baby? 

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 2:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Why are you laying on your back? It should be avoided. The problem is that the aorta runs behind your uterus. When you lay on your back, your uterus puts pressure on the aorta, greatly lowering the amount of blood being distributed to your lower body, including your uterus.
    That said, there were plenty of times I was on my back for a little bit (if you know what I mean). Try not to spend too much time on your back if you can avoid it.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:31 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• no you should not be laying on your back after 4 or 5 months of being pregnant its kind of dangerous at 31 weeks to be laying on your back you should lay on your left or right side with something supporting your stomach and its also comfortable putting a pillow between your legs the reason why i say its dangerous is cus the baby cant get no oxygen .
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 2:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Both musicpisces and alexia09 are right. It's useful information to know before you go into labour, too... you should not be laying on your back at all.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:21 AM on Dec. 5, 2010