How much is too much for a 9 year olds sneakers?

mrsljamieson

Asked by mrsljamieson at 2:31 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• More than you can afford.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 3:19 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Any amount that you can not justify.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• $40 my dh bought 7 yr old ds nike hightops and they are very rarely wornand are becomming too small..I'd just as soon go to walmart
    chica679

Answer by chica679 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'd say $50. Their feet are still forming, and buying cheap shoes now sets them up for a lifetime of pain.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We just bought our 9yo new sneakers and spent $10. We've never spent more than $20 on shoes for him. He outgrows or wears them out in 3-6 months. There is no freaking way I'm spending $50+ on a pair of shoes we'll need to replace in 6 months because they don't fit any more. The only one in the family that gets to spend more than $30 on shoes is me, lol. But that's because I wear the same pair for 3-5 years before replacing them. My husband wears his out within a year because of work.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'd say more than $60 is too much
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I guess I can't say anything. I bought both of my kids $70 tennis shoes when school started. But I guess $60-70ish is my limit.
    skitNbearsmom

Answer by skitNbearsmom at 10:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Whatever you can afford or feel comfortable spending. My son has issues with his feet, legs and hips so he can NOT wear cheapy Walmart shoes or he is in a lot of pain. He needs a lot of support in his shoes. That being said, I haven't spent over $60 on his shoes. It is very nice to live in a city that has outlets for Nike, Rebok, Sketchers, Addidas.It really helps.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2010