I noticed a gray spot on my 2 year old's eye...

It's like a gray splotch below the iris on his left eye. You can't see it unless he looks up or if you gently pull down on his lower eye lid. It kind of freaked me out. He seems to have flawless vision and of course I'm going to mention it to his doctor but has anyone else's child had this or something similar? I can't find much about it online.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you should take him to the eye dr. sometimes it could be a catarac behind the eye.. or somethingelse but take him in as soon as possible .... in my friends case it was a catarac in her sons eye...
    mommyof2chasmin

Answer by mommyof2chasmin at 2:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• yeah, I wouldn't hesitate to show the dr. It could be something bad.Good luck!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 2:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I know that, I'm just curious if anyone else has experienced the same thing. And I did some research on pediatric cataracts and it doesn't mention this as a symptom anywhere nor is he having any trouble with his vision. But thank you for your responses :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2010