Dense foods

My lil toddler needs to gain weight. I need foods that ar more dense and rich in calories...any suggestions? I have a extreme picky eater :( but any food ideas :)

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 3:02 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My grandson was severely underweight when he came to live with us. The dietician put him on a high fat diet. His foavorite were milkshakes and smoothies. Eventually I could add things like protein powders and Wheat germ to them. Just trial and error.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• yeah I usually give him a pedisure just in case he did not get enough in a day. like now I am giving him cornbread with butter :)
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 3:06 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My youngest dd was underweight at 6 mos old because she got a bad case of the flu from a flu shot (one reason we don't do the flu shot anymore). What I did to bulk her up again was feed her egg yolks. Make a soft boiled egg, DO NOT FEED THE EGG WHITE TO A BABY UNDER A YEAR!! and I fed the soft yolk (it's runny) to her. I did this once or twice a day for a week and she gained 1 and 1/2 pounds!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• ohhh okay
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 11:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2010