can cats sence pregnancy lol

I am serious. I have a cat that doesn't ever lay with you or anything and doesn't let you hold her nothing like that. I found out I was pregnant on Tuesday and ever since yesterday my cat has been up my butt lol. Soon as I sit down she is in my lap laying on my lap. Yesterday dh and I was watching a movie and she laid down right in my arms and went to sleep just about the whole movie. I know when I brought my youngest dd home she would lay in my lap while I was nursing my dd. But my cat is never never never like this so the only thing I could think of is that she can sense I am pregnant. Can a cat sense that? I will be 5 weeks tomorrow

mommy5409

Asked by mommy5409 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pets

• Believe it or not, they can. my mom found out she was pregnant with my youngest brother because the dog was constantly sniffing her stomach, and would always have a paw on her belly.
    Animals are insanely in tune with their human conterparts. =)
    KelissaMaye

Answer by KelissaMaye at 8:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes the can. And so can other pets. When my mom was pregnant with us the cats didnt leave her side. Nor did our dog. It was if they wanted to be by her to protect her. They def sensed it
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 8:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes they can definitly sense it. You now have a cuddle buddy.
    pbilotti

Answer by pbilotti at 8:50 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• They absolutely can.

We had 4 cats while I was pregnant with ds. Two of the females slept ON me, every night. The third female completely rebelled against me, peeing all over my stuff and attacking my feet/legs every time I walked past her (she had claws). After 6 months of trying to break her of it, we finally broke down and had to give her away, because we couldn't take the chance of her rebelling against ds. The male cat slept on my pillow, above my head every night. During my third trimester, he would paw at my head to wake me up every two hours, and wouldn't let me go back to sleep until I petted him for a couple of minutes. I swear that he was trying to prepare me for night time feedings.
    ShadowRaven

Answer by ShadowRaven at 8:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes they sure can! Animals are very sensitive. They can also usually tell when a good, nice person or opposite has come in your home. It's always a good idea and very interesting to watch their reactions to things.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• SHADOWRAVEN:

That is to funny

ya I had a cat when I had my first dd she was close to me I was the only one she liked she would run and hide from anyone else even dh. Although I didn't knowtest much of a diffrence in her when i got pregnant because she was always attatched to me anyway. Well when the baby was born everytime I held the baby she would come up on my lap and nearly lay on top of the baby and she peed on all the baby stuff and even the rocking chair I would feed her in so we had to get rid of that cat to. It borke my heart because she was so close to me, but my childs health was more important
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 9:20 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• whatever anon. I have a child in school and she does not repeat things I say she knows what she isn't aloud to say and it isn't like I said my cat is up my ass. Get a live.
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 11:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• whatever...............
    mommy5409

Comment by mommy5409 (original poster) at 12:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think it's an Old Wive's Tale. Congrats, BTW!
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 10:19 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• ....your cat is up your butt?
    OMG.
    WHy do people have to write such gross phrases? I would rather stick a poker in my eye than talk like that and offend half the world. Clean up your act before your next baby arrives....kids don't need to hear that kind of dirty,potty mouth style of talk from their Mom.Next thing,when your kids are in school,they will be spewing gross stuff that you say and you will be getting notes from their teachers.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2010