Thoughts?

http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/12/03/mann.gay.lesbian.military/index.html?iref=allsearch

Asked by older at 8:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • We are moving towards more common sense and its a good thing. I think people like you Older, that beat the dead horse and continue to bring it to the forefront is part of the good trend. We need to keep talking. Difficult conversations lead to better understanding. Like I have said about you before- every cause needs a champion and every champion needs a cause. I may not agree 100% with you 100% of the time, but there is no denying that you do your cause proud in the way you conduct yourself.
    soyousay

Answer by soyousay at 11:32 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Code Pink? BLECK!

Beating A Dead Horse

tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think there is a lot to be said for "patience is a virtue" Give it time. Look how far they have come in the last few years.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:14 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think Carpy is right. It just takes time. We are slowly learning that homosexuality isn't evil and doesn't need to be banned. It just takes America a bit longer than other parts of the world to learn such things.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• hmm
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• tnm--LOVE IT!!!! You hit the nail on the head!!!!

To tnm--

you rock

cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:57 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• very stupid i dont't like this atall
    TERRIDAWN

Answer by TERRIDAWN at 8:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Ladies, you can beat a dead horse with the airport pad down questions, but not this ha?

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Very true Carpy! I have a lot of patience......

Comment by older (original poster) at 9:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Love it! Sometimes it takes a long time for things to change when so many live in hate and FEAR of anything different from themselves. Nice to see some progress. :-)

I love that more and more companies are offering benefits to gay couples too. I noticed that my DH's employer does when we were doing our open enrollment health care selections. I was very happy to see that. Thanks for sharing some positive news!
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 9:17 AM on Dec. 5, 2010