Nutmeg?????

For those of you with teens, http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/bestoftv/2010/12/01/exp.pn.nutmeg.high.hln?hpt=C2

what will they think of next?

Asked by older at 9:11 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • Ok I somewhat agree with what Older is saying. Peer pressure is a very powerful existance in a young persons life. Not only in their teens mind you, in their pre adult yrs as well. They are inexperienced to handle the pressures in life, and fall into the trap of what everyone else is doing.. You can't blame the parent for everything. I know parents that are awesome in their child's life. And still ended up on drugs.
    I will agree that there are some that push legalizing drugs, like MJ. I assume that is what your refering too. I am against it and I think its a mistake, but thats my opinion. I wouldn't agree with "eliminating" them because of it though. And I'm sure everyone does "stupid" things. What's appears stupid to you may not to the other person. I dont understand your reasoning....I am not the one to decide when a person is "eliminated" because of something they do, and to promote such a thing sounds incredibly insane
    WhoCares224

Answer by WhoCares224 at 2:01 AM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Yeah, pretty soon we are going to have to show ID to purchase spices.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yep, I saw that a few days ago on the news and my first thought was exactly what layh41407 said. lol
    shanlaree

Answer by shanlaree at 9:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• When stupid kids smoke cigarettes (legal age: 18) they ban cig companies from advertising on television. When stupid kids die from oxycontin, they change the formulation and hurt the quality of life of thousands of legitimate pain patients. When stupid kids die from cough syrup, I have to show ID to buy children's Robotussin for my toddler. When stupid kids make meth, I have to punch my name in a government registry to get allergy meds. When stupid kids drink too much Four Loko (legal age: 21) they pull it from the shelves. Now stupid kids are getting high off nutmeg- what freedoms will law-abiding adults lose next?

I hate idiots who will now demand a new public policy in place, you know, "to protect the children."
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 1:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• wow. Who figures this stuff out? 'Hmmm, what would happen if I Inhaled this!?'
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:16 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• These things scare me so much. My son is 17,and the things these kids are finding to do is crazy. A couple years ago, a boy he went to school with died while playing that choking game. You know, the one where they choke themselves till they almost pass out? They say they get a high doing that, as well. Unfortunately, he went too long,and died. It was so tragic, and pointless. His father is policeman,and was the first responder when his mom called 911. I shudder to think as my grandchildren are growing,what will be around when they become teens. All we can do is cover our kids in prayer, every single day.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Kids will try anything and everything if they are looking to get high. The one that stopped me in my tracks was when I found out kids will roll up duct tape and smoke it. They dont think anything can hurt them.
    Crystal750

Answer by Crystal750 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• its not inhaled as much as just straight ingested. It can and does produce the same high as having taken meth orally. But does not last as long.

Its not about being "bored" its about feeling good and sometimes trying to get away of all the bad things your feeling and going threw.

Hasnt this "war" on drugs gone on long enough! That people start using other products to get the same effect??
    Luckybear05

Answer by Luckybear05 at 3:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• ^
    Prohibition doesn't work, anywhere, for object or substance. Never has, never will.
    soflashelley

Answer by soflashelley at 4:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I heard about this on the radio.. I think these kids are doing something incredibly stupid! ...but what can you do? They will always find something. I just hope I can teach my son to stay away from anything like this.
    momofonelilguy

Answer by momofonelilguy at 1:15 PM on Dec. 5, 2010