baking moms: this question is for you!

i bought some chocolate chip cookie dough a few weeks back because i had a coupon for it and stuck it in the freezer for my 4 year old and i to bake on Christmas Eve for Santa. question is: can we bake it straight from the freezer? or should i let it thaw first, and how long would it take to thaw in that case? thank you!

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 9:36 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I want to be your Santa. Warm chocolate chip cookies. YUM!
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 9:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would thaw it in the fridge over night only because it would be easier to work with. You can bake frozen dough though.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• you could let it thaw for an hour on the counter then bake, but there should be no problems even if you did it striaght from the freezer it will just be hard to separate
    tikasymom

Answer by tikasymom at 9:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Tootoobusy: I'll make you warm cookies if you are going to buy all my kids Christmas.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• W would thaw it in the fridge overnight and then bake them.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 9:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would let it thaw overnight in the fridge. If it's still frozen your cookies will burn on the outside before they are done in the middle, which does not make for a tasty cookie for Mr. and Mrs. Claus.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• yes, let it thaw overnight in frig
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 11:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It says on most packages. Last time I froze mine I let it thaw on the counter for like half an hour and it was good to go. Leaves them chewier in the middle if you bake while still pretty cold, but odd-shaped.
    Anonymous

• lol @tootoobusy! sorry, but daddy & i have already filled this year's Santa's position. maybe next year? ;)
    tnm786

Comment by tnm786 (original poster) at 9:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2010