Single..dating...ughh...

Do you notice your pets reactions to new people? Do you place much importance on how new people treat your pets? I have two cats..when someone new comes into my home and they don't acknowledge or greet my cats, I think it's rude, lol I notice how my cats react to them further on down the line, whether they come into the room with us, or run and hide..and I notice how people pet them..for instance, the last guy I dated was very rough with my cats, they seemed to like it, but he was sort of controlling in the way he approached them..idk, hard to explain but that guy ended up being a total control freak in the end, and the way he was with my cats was the first indication. The guy before him hardly noticed my cats existed and they avoided him. He ended up being a totally self absorbed jerk, even though in the beginning he pampered me like a princess. If I had half a brain I'd stop wasting my time after the first introduction to my cats if it doesn't go well, lol..am I well on my way to becoming the crazy cat lady?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• yeah my dog barks at the people she dont like but sit on there laps if she likes them
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 7:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• my dog sits down when he finds someone he does not like like a drug or bomb sniffing dog if he runs to them i know they are okay if he sits down or lays down they go
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I honestly think that you can judge the way someone is by how they treat their 'inferiors', but only to a point. The nicest guy in the world might be put off by animals because of allergies or something. I don't think you're a crazy cat lady hahaha, I do think that you are reading these people well though.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:09 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes, I think you are on your way. I certainly would not want to have anything to do with someone who intentionally harms animals, but you can'[t always judge a person by their behavior with your animals or the animals behavior toward them. When I visit a friend with animals, I am not overly friendly with them. I like dogs, but I don't want them jumping on me, and I was bitten by a dog when I was a child, so I'm very careful around them. I like cats, but my DH is alergic, so I don't want to go home with cat dander on be, because it will start a sneezing fit for him. I have another friend who just has never been around animals, and she shys away from them, and people have stated that she doesn't like animals. That's making a judgement that's not true. Maybe instead of relying on your cat's judgement, you should try to figure out why your judgement of men seems to lead you to ones who appear fine at first, and then aren't.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:31 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Thank you SweetLuci, those are all good points...and believe me, I've wracked my brain trying to figure out why I can't pick a good man for the life of me..I'm in counseling too, I've made some headway, but that's another story entirely.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:44 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• @pinkdragon, your dog is awesome! You're lucky to have him :)

@Nanix, thanks for the kudos! ;)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2010