Does anyone have a "family favorite" reciepe for the Holidays?

Hello Everyone :-)

I'm a mother of 4 and we usually have between 20-30 people at my home during the holidays. I'm looking for new reciepes to try or even a "twist" on the traditional ham, turkey, roast beef, etc...

It seems we've had the same main dishes, desserts, appetizers, etc for the last few years and I'm anxious to try something new and exciting :-)

Any ideas, suggestions, reciepes, family traditions, etc.... would be greatly appreciated!!

4bridges

Asked by 4bridges at 10:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• We've done different soups, dips, and veggy dishes every year. One of my favorite veggy dishes is Cheezy Broccoli Rice and normally I don't like broccoli but we spice it up a bit. My mom did a big artichoke theme one year, that was good. From parties that I've been to recently I've noticed that kids like jello and adults like jello shots, you can even make them red and green. I usually make a different cake every year but there's lots of deserts you could make.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 10:39 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Just took a cake to a Christmas party and it was devoured. It is the easiest ever. One box of spice cake mix and one small can of plain pumpkin. That's all. Mix well and bake. It is great for shaped pans and molds.
    Hazelnutkin

Answer by Hazelnutkin at 6:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2010