Need Help

OK everyone I need some help..Well how can I start this its so hard on me to write this but I got in trouble by the owner of the apartment that i'm in...Some how they found out that I have four cats and they told me if I dont get rid of them they will kick me n my husband n son out...the apartment that i live in doesnt allow animals. I tried to explain to the owner that I saved the cat from this dog that attacked it and then the cat had kittens n needed a place to be safe because that day we were having a storm coming and I'm the type of girl that loves cats but of course the owner said that the contract says no cats so pretty much she didnt care if I saved the cats or not...I been searching online for animals that needs home and I found one that is the animal control and I read what other pple had of experience saying that they kill the animals there..I do not want that for this cats...the other one is called animal shelter...that one doesnt accept new pets...anyone that lives in Jacksonville NC please help me...anyone that doesnt ya can still give me some advices..thank you

Espinosa

Asked by Espinosa at 10:13 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pets

• Good luck- The shelters in our area had a 8-10 mos waiting period when my son found 3 kittens. We got lucky & found them homes w/ freinds & neighbors. Place an ad for free kittens in the local paper. With the holidays coming, you might find them homes. Good luck :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 10:23 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Contact the ASPCA in your area.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 10:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Try Craigs List as well, a lot of people are looking for kittens this time of year and they have a better chance of getting a home through that then the shelter. Depending on how young the kittens are you can find them all new homes in a day or two. The mother will be harder to find a home for. Also you can try looking on CL and see if there is a rescue that advertises on there that might be able to take the cats? I know CL has some shady people on there but it's better then dumping them at a shelter where they will be put down in four to seven days.
    Good luck.
    Gnomeofmyheart

Answer by Gnomeofmyheart at 11:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Try http://www.petfinder.com/index.html they should have non kill shelters in your area that you can contact. Good Luck!
    Darla47

Answer by Darla47 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Try Free Cycle in your area or call the Shelter.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 10:18 AM on Dec. 6, 2010