Babys own room or 3 yr olds own room?

My 3 yr old has her own room and NEVER sleeps in it. She has to be under me rubbing my cheeks and smelling me in order to sleep. If she sleeps alone and wakes up and I am not there she will cry, whine and scream out for me and will not sleep until I am next to her. I want her to have her own room and learn to sleep alone and was considering giving the new baby her room or have them share a room. Her dad thinks that she needs her own space, but she barely uses it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Being the oldest I think she should have her own room, and of course them sharing a room would be a terrible idea at this point because neither one of them would sleep. By taking her room away your just showing her that it is okay not to stay in there.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 10:52 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Is the new baby also a girl? Children of the same same or even young children of the opposite sex share rooms all the time!! They will eventually need there own space but as young children it's more than fine.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Sorry but there are issues here that are much bigger than who gets the room - babies need to smell their mothers to sleep not 3 years olds.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:54 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I dont know what the baby will be yet. Hopefully we move into the 4bdrm home we've been looking at...**crossing fingers**
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:55 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would definitely have the baby on me more than the 3 yr old.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Ideally you get the 3 year old used to sleeping in her own room and have the baby room in with you for a while then have them share after the baby is closer to 6 months.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My baby shared a room with me until he was almost 1. I kept my 2 year old separated from him because once baby wakes up the other kid will wake up. I rather handle one baby then 2.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 11:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If the baby gets the room all to herself, is your DD sleeping with YOU? If you only have one spare room, they should SHARE IT. I have a 2 br home, and my 4 yo and 6 month old SHARE it. There are nights they crawl into my bed, but still they have THEIR ROOM, and we have OURS.

Anonymous