Star or Angel tree topper

Which do you put on top of the tree? And does anyone know the meaning behind either one and why we use either a Star or an Angel?

MamaSpurg

Asked by MamaSpurg at 10:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Holidays

• Star - the star of Bethlehem that guided the Wise men in their journey to find Jesus.

Angels - As in Luke 2:9-15 when the Angel of the Lord appeared to the Shepherds in the field

We use a Star.....because it is a family tradition.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:01 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Angel -- The angel represents the angels that brought the news of Christ's birth or it could also represent the angel that appeared to Mary. Some people put a star in representation of the star that led the wisemen to Jesus
    smiles551

Answer by smiles551 at 10:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• you made me lol. We have this angel that dd picked up and her candles blink off and on, it reminds me of an air traffic controller guiding a plane in for landing. Im hoping to purchase an angel without blinking lights this year. I grew up with an angel on the tree, actually I made it, but its long gone now. I do it out of tradition, I dont know the back ground of them though

beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 10:57 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We've used a star, we've used an angel, we've used a snowflake, we've used a Santa, we've used a nutcracker ... can't think of what all else right now, but I'm sure there are others! I have several tree toppers, we like to change it up each year. Those that aren't used in one year are stored for future use!
    ihatetocook

Answer by ihatetocook at 12:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• star = star of bethleham and angel for the obvious reason. We put a star up because well we don't believe in angels and the have nothing to do with Christmas for us.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 10:56 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We use an angel, but for no religious reason.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 10:57 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I love them both, but we have an angel.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We have an angel that has been in my husband's family for generations. His great-grand-mother made it.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 11:04 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We always have a star
    Malapertinent

Answer by Malapertinent at 11:05 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We have a star but I would love an angel. I absolutely love angels!
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:22 AM on Dec. 5, 2010