my daughter is lactous and cant have milk???

What do i do she cant have milk and her docters say that she is anarexic ? Please help me, she is on vitamins and milk pills that she needs to eat before she eats anything can someone help me please?

HeavenlyUnicorn

Asked by HeavenlyUnicorn at 12:14 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Teens (13-17)

• Can she do soy?
    bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Silk vanilla soy milk and protein shakes every day 2x a day. Make sure she's eating at school... if she needs to eat in the nurse's office... so be it... you're saving her life
    not-so-des-hw

Answer by not-so-des-hw at 12:24 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i was too and i still able to go without eating. just make sure that she has self esteem and feels good about her appearance when she gains weight and make sure to avoid the number or the size of the pants. it could be 0 but still to big. get the soy milk and get her used to eating on a daily basis even if it's just a small bit. your stomach shrinks so even though you feel she isn't getting enough she is getting enough to her body. in time the amount will grow but if you force a certain amount she will hate to eat. i now eat everything when i go out to dinner but still somewhat picky but its old behavior or habit.i really love to eat now especially out.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:04 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• she needs to be in threapy. being anorexic is not about the food. and its "lactose intolerant" btw. i was anorexic to the extreme..i was hospitalized with a tube up my nose & still did not want to eat. you cant make her eat nor make her want to. its up to her. its a control issue. she uses it to be in control of herself because for some reason she does not feel she is in control of her own life. begging, pleading, threats will do nothing to make her eat. i did not start to get better until i felt secure and in control of my own life & my own choices. good luck.
    Anonymous

• one last thing, she is NOT doing this to hurt you as much as I am sure it does hurt you. Dont make her feel guilty about how you feel about what she is doing. She already feels bad enough about herself or she would not be anorexic. You can not help her on your own. You both need to be seeing someone so you know how to help her (with their help).
    Anonymous

• If she is really anorexic put her into a treatment program as soon as a spot opens up. Like the previous poster said, this really has nothing to do with food. She will find a way to not eat if she really wants to stay in control
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Nov. 7, 2008