My sixth month old son cries almost every time my husband holds him. But as soon as I take him back he is fine. Does this sound normal or is something wrong?? And he won't take a bottle from my husband either.

This is our first child together. We both wanted a boy. My husband does love him very much I just don't know if my son is a mama's boy or what. When I take him back from my husband because of his cries my husband gets angry.

mjlutz

Asked by mjlutz at 9:53 PM on Jul. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• He's never going to develop any sort of bonds with Daddy if he doesn't spend time with him. If Daddy doesn't want to give him up, even with him screaming, let him keep the baby. What you're doing is shutting your husband out of the picture. Just trust him; it's his baby too. If it's really that hard on you to hear the baby cry while Daddy hold him, then go for a walk or go someplace else. When I was a baby, I didn't want anything to do with my dad and my mom left me with him while she went to the store. Two hours later, I was still crying and my dad was nearly in tears and begged mom to take me so I would eat. After that, though, things came a lot easier between us. Give Daddy a chance.
    ncbirdie

Answer by ncbirdie at 1:13 AM on Jul. 6, 2008

• If your husband is tense and not relaxed the baby can sense this. I guess just tell your husband to make sure he is not worried about anything and is relaxed and calm. Make sure the baby is not in and kind of distress where he is hungry or needs to burp so they are both calm. good luck
    adhd8yoand3yo

Answer by adhd8yoand3yo at 9:58 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Maybe try leaveing the room or even house when your dh holds the baby. If you are breast feeding he can smell your milk and that is comforting to him.
    maybe go to the store and let dh be with him without you! Yes he will be fine!! :)
    twice2thefun

Answer by twice2thefun at 10:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• It's normal, try holding your son will he talks and plays with him. That helped my son stop crying when my husband held him. I can only guess it was because I took care of him during the day while he was at work,
    adrianne800

Answer by adrianne800 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• I'de say its because your husband has soemthing on his mind that makes him tense and the baby can sense it and it makes them uncomfortable.
    Hezekiahs_mom

Answer by Hezekiahs_mom at 11:50 PM on Jul. 5, 2008

• It is normal. Your DH just have to give a little patient and holds him even though he is screaming his head off, he shall try different position, singing, walking, making faces or even go outside. Don't let this crying set the father and son apart. Mission is needed to be complete!!!
    My older cried his head off when his godmother and grandma held him as an infant. He is 7 now, he is biggest grandma's boy ever!
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 6:14 AM on Jul. 6, 2008