starting potty training with my 17 month old! can I get some tips! any please! =]

and If its not much of a bother could you bump me so other moms can see my question.

Thanks.

mommy16love

Asked by mommy16love at 11:25 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think he's a little too young for potty training. It's also easier/better to start potty training in the spring/summer to avoid wet clothes/cold. JMO
    daisygray

Answer by daisygray at 11:40 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I bumped you mama! I would buy one of those seats to put on top of the "big potty". It's easier than transitioning to the big potty later. Take him in the bathroom every 1/2 hr to 45 minutes. With boys, most of them like trains (Thomas the train) so I always make up a song about going on the Potty Train! He gets to be the conductor (driver of the train) sit in there for a while, read books, play toys (I heard having them play with play dough brings on the urge to go - don't know why!) make a camp out of it and a fun thing. When the potty "falls out" cheer really big!! GL!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:42 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• go to my profile under my journals and read how I potty trained my 2 (girls). It is not to early. I wrote it because I kept getting messages people were telling me they hear I had my kids potty trained young and wanted to know how I did it so instead of typing over and over and over and over again I decided to write it in my journal lol
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• oh and remember once you start keep at it if you keep stopping and then starting again it will be harder
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Google "toilet training readiness" and you'll see some helpful links GL!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:11 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• 17 months is too young to potty train, especially for a boy. At that age, their bodies just aren't ready - they don't have the self control. You need to wait.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 2:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Take your time!!! is started potty training my son around 17 months, he caught on by the time he turned two. Dads help alot with boys and they start to imate and look up to dad even more. Encouragement and claps work alot!!! My son is now 5 and i havent had any problems, hope it is as easy the second time around!!! Guess i will see soon. lol
    Onenamillion

Answer by Onenamillion at 2:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have a daughter not a son,and she is definitely ready to potty train,thank you to the women who left tips =]
    mommy16love

Comment by mommy16love (original poster) at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010