Boys Or Girls?

Which is easier to potty train?
If you have had experience with both let me know which one was easier for you. I had 1 boy and 3 girls and for sure themy son was easiest, he was potty trained a little over a year old. All 3 of my DD were over 2 and 1 of them over 3.

hodgkinrus6

Asked by hodgkinrus6 at 11:31 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• ive heard girls are easier, but it's probably more of an individiual child thing than a gender thing. all 3 of mine are girls, my younger two are still under two so i've only had to potty-train my oldest so far and it was fairly easy. she started at 2 and it took her about 3-4 months to be fully potty trained. not bad imo.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 11:41 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• well all I have is girls, but I do have 2 nephews. My first dd was fully trained at 19 months and second was almost 16 months until she got sick and we had to back off so she was 21 months which was still early. My oldest nephew was not potty trained until almost 4 wanted nothing to do with the potty he didn't even go on the potty until then. My youngest nephew now he is almost 2.5 and has not went at all on the potty yet and he wants nothing to do with it.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:47 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i also believe it depends on how consistant you are with it and how old they are when they learn. I believe if you wait until 2 or 2.5 to try to train it is going to be harder than if you did it at 1. I am a stay at home mom so I was very consistant with it
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• you wait until they are ready, not when they turn a certain age. i would think it would be easier when they're a little older, and can actually tell you when they need to go. obviously you can stick any child of any age, leave them on the potty & eventually they will go. doesn't mean they grasp the concept.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Mine were about the same
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:53 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My girls were a LOT easier to potty train. A LOT!!! However, there are other factors there... my son is the oldest, so I was a potty training newbie, and the girls had the added benefit of wanting to be 'big kids' like the older siblings who used the potty already.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 12:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010