What to do?

I'm not going into the entire story because it's complicated, but my boyfriend of two months and I are having a hard time finding ways to spend time together. I live with my parents, and while they like my boyfriend, they don't want him hanging around the house, nor is there any privacy for us to talk or just be alone together. He lives in his uncle's basement, and while he has a job (i'm looking for one), he doesn't have any money. He lives an hour away and that kills him on gas, so we can only see each other once a week. He's on his way here now, but we have NO idea what to do. I have my daughters this weekend, and thought about taking them to the mall playground but other than that, we have nothing we can do. How can we spend time together, with no where to go, or no money? Any creative ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• Very good question....Let's see if i can help!....Me and my BF had $ issues a while back and here is what we did......If it's just the two of you...You and he could, go to the drive in theater which does not cost much. You could meet him half way and that would cut down on his drive and gas. You and he could hang out at the mall, a coffee shop, book store, library, and if there is a Casino in your town, they usually give you free soda and you could sit and just spend time together. As for the kids...take them to McDonalds or BK....they have a playground there and you could just order an ice cream or a soda off the dollar menu. Or, take the kids to the park and hang out there?...

Hope some of this helps!......and Good Luck!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 11:58 AM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Also, if you are looking for extra money?.....Check out your local town and see if they have a place where you can donate "PLASMA"...it's kinda like donating blood...But, it just takes your plasma. It's for a good cause and you can get paid to do it...Sometimes 20,30 or 40-50 dollars, Just for donating!....Or, see if there is a place where you can take surveys, or paid research studies...research studies sometimes pay up to $500.00

Again, Good luck!
    gogogirl79

Answer by gogogirl79 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Thank's for your reply. I looked at the new BK in town (there's 3, we're in a large city), and they have a really awesome playground. I'm thinking about taking the girls there and playing with them, but as far as he and I having any alone time, it's just not possible. I don't have a car (I actually gave my car to him, so he could get it legal and drive to and from work). If the weather warms up, the park is an excellent idea, we did that during September and October when it was 60-70 degrees but now its in the 30s and winds are up to 25mph. Anyway, thanks for your suggestions :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I used to just go to the mall and hang out with people/guys and walk around and stuff. Or maybe see if there is a matenee (sp?) around town where it only costs a dollar or so per person to go and watch a movie... it might be an older movie but it's something to watch. You could watch movies on a laptop or something maybe go to hulu.com or tv.com or something.

I think going to BK or McDonalds is the best bet though because you really don't even have to buy anything, you can just go and play. I've done that before with my youngest dughter when she had surgery follow ups and stuff. We got there early for the appt so we went and I let her play at McDonalds and she enjoyed it.
    Memigen

Answer by Memigen at 12:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Park, McDonalds or Burger King with a playground so the girls can play and you guys can spend time together. Aquariums and museums are not that expensive. The mall can be good but not really personal initimate. There are so many things that you can do. Maybe try speaking to your parents and ask if he can come over and you guys sit in the living room and just spend time together. Google things to do with children in your area. I do it and find lots to do with my daughter.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2010