How do I get my best friend back?

My SO and I have been together for over 6 years and we have a 2 year old. I have not been happy for a long time. I don't think he has either. We've tried to talk but we're still not communicating and it's come to the point where I feel like there is nothing left to say. I will admit that I am afraid to be a single mom and I don't want to endure the heartbreak of losing someone after so long, but really, I just want my best friend back. I want to be happy with him again I am just at a loss on how to get there. We have both agreed we'd try couples counceling but can't afforf it right now. Any advice would be great.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Relationships

• If you can't afford counseling right now you might take a look at Relationship Rescue by Phil McGraw. It supposedly is very good and there is a workbook to go with it. GL!!
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 12:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Some mention The Love Dare on here. Give it a try.http://thelovedarebook.com/

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 12:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I am not a religious person, but a lot of churches offer counseling for free. try some of your local churches out.
    sami07

Answer by sami07 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Their is counseling out there that is free to almost free. Hand and Hand christian counseling is one. I'm not sure how wide spread they are though.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 12:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• you rockMake some date nights. Get all dressed up and go for long walks. Find a relaxing beautiful spot and lay down to star gaze for a while. It helps to be at peace with yourself and it will come to you if you let it. The conversation is there, just need a little coaxing.

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 1:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I definitely agree with making date nights and get dressed up and step outside of the box! I like the stargazing idea, very romantic :)
    The Love Dare is a great book, what really has helped mine and my hubby's marriage is Love & Respect, on top of the marriage counseling and when he comes home next week we're going to try the Love Dare on each other before he deploys.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 3:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• well we all go through it were it just doesnt feel the same wat i would is do wat u use to do when you guys first met and you no wat ive been on anf off with bf and im also afraid to be single but at some point i thought bout it and i guess to me its watever now becuz if you both dont feel the same then wats the whole point of being together???but even being a single mother it will at least get you somewhere now that me n my bf got back then next time he tells me its over i am going to be single you'll get way happier trust me:)
    alexander138012

Answer by alexander138012 at 3:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010