Help! My baby wont take a sippy cup!

My little one is 12 months. Will be 13 months on the 11th. I have been giving her a sippy cup for months now, but he spout is like a bottle nipple shape. Im trying to get her to take a real sippy cup and she wont. She is still on Formula and will be for the next 6 months so her main source of food is her formula in the cup.... If she wont drink it in the cup do I just give her the bottle back? I have 2 other kids that never had a problem switching so Im clueless what to do. Thanks!

3jewlz

Asked by 3jewlz at 12:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• It can take a little time to get used to the sippy. Use the bottle and keep trying the sippy. Then when she gets the hang of it you can decide about the bottle.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 4:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Have you tried different sippy cups? Maybe she'd like a straw one or a different shape. Worth a try.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 8:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Each child is different. Maybe she's just not ready yet. I'd give her her bottle and try again in a few weeks.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 12:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My son didn't want his sippy at first either and he wouldn't take any kind of milk in a sippy (we tried breastmilk, formula and regular milk) he only took it from a bottle. So we started with sippys at every meal... he wouldn't take water either (stubborn!) so we did watered down juice to entice him... he started with only an ounce or two... but as he started to take more we decreased what he took in his bottles. We found he would drink milk (whichever kind) from a cup with a straw. So see if she will take a cup with a straw.
    I would just give it time and keep working on it. My son took a bottle until he was about 14-15 months... but we cut it down over time and then one day we just got rid of it.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I threw all my baby bottles away and then put them in their crib with a sippy of milk or water and mine cried for 5 mins and they were so thirsty they drank it!
    thats what worked for me 2 times
    LOVE_mygirls58

Answer by LOVE_mygirls58 at 2:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• she might not be ready for one yet my boys broke there self off the bottle at age 2
    ilovemyson2002

Answer by ilovemyson2002 at 5:50 PM on Dec. 23, 2010