Have you ever been on a cruise?

We are wanting to take a cruise for our honeymoon...but have no idea where to start. I would love to hear of any experiences or recommendations that anyone would have. We want to leave 2/20/11- day after our wedding. Any advice would be appreciated:)

janessa27

Asked by janessa27 at 12:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Travel

• Royal Caribbean cruises are AWESOME!! Totally recommend it. Disney is also good!
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We went on the Carnival Ecstasy cruise for our honeymoon 3/7/2000 wouldn't recommend that time as the college kids had the whole darn cruise ship every square inch taken by them it was spring break. While I am not into water I spent a lot of time out on the deck watching the water go by and Yes I would do it again. The food is amazing it was just a wonderful experience. We got to  get off at different ports and see different cities. You'll love which ever one you decide on.

Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 12:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have been on 7 cruises, 1 to Canada, you don't want that in February! and the rest to the Caribbean. Depending on where you are getting married, I'd recommend going to the closest embarkation (leaving from) port....I would actually work with a travel agent at this point, to get the best value AND to handle all the details. Get passports now if you don't have them. If you bring your kids, there are definitely kids' friendly activities/ sitters/ camps on board.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 12:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• To find the cruise I suggest searching the cruise websites for the following to narrow your choices.
    Where do you want cruise from?
    Are there any cruises leaving from that location on your date for the length of time you wish to cruise?
    What are the ports of call?
    What size is the ship?
    What is the price?
    Once you have that information you can decide which cruise is the best for you.
    Some lines to look at -- Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norweigen, Princess, Holland America and Celebrity
    There are other lines but they are expensive
    Keksie

Answer by Keksie at 7:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Got home yesterday from number 12! We went on the Carnival Dream for this one. We went to Mexico ( 2- ports), Belize and Honduras. I've also been on Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. We've already put a deposit on our next cruise on Carnival which we have to take in the next 4 years to use the credit they are giving us for putting a deposit down and we can use it for any cruise. The Dream is Carnivals' largest ship and it is huge.
    I do prefer Royal or Celebrity, but the deal was great- $2500 for 4 for a balcony. It will be difficult for you to get a good deal with 2 months notice though. I would check with the cruise lines and I also agree with Keksie about deciding where you wish to go, for how long, etc...that is the first thing to know.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No, D/T issues with motion sickness. I vomit on the Ferry!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 12:16 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I was on my 1st cruise this summer. It can be pretty overwhelming when your not sure what your doing. I'd start by going to carnival cruise lines website, they have tons of forums you can look at to find info and ask questions.
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We went on a cruise once. It was ok, but there were too many kids and we couldn't even enjoy the pool. If I were to do it again, I would go on a more adult cruise. The ports of call are great. But we got really bored on the ship
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:17 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We did a Western caribbean cruise with carnival cruise line a few yrs ago. We went to Cozumel, Honduras, mexico and Belize. It was good I enjoyed every minute of it.
    Cassandre

Answer by Cassandre at 12:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I LOVE Royal Caribbean cruises....been on 5 so far! They are wonderful. Lots to do and see of course. They have kids on them, but not so many to ruin your honeymoon. ;)
    mommy_bink

Answer by mommy_bink at 12:21 PM on Dec. 5, 2010