would you stay with your husband just for your kids?

if he did something bad and you didn't love him anymore but you didn't want to tear your family apart with divorce and custody

AbsoluteSelf

Asked by AbsoluteSelf at 12:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Staying just for the kids is never a good idea. They can tell when you're not happy and you DESERVE to be happy.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• no not even for a moment - I deserve to be happy and so do my kids. I have always said I would never live miserably for anyone.
    daisysrdeadly

Answer by daisysrdeadly at 12:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Nope. Children are better off having parents who are separate than they are with parents who are unloving or fighting all the time.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:46 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Depends on what he did.
    twinkletoes0408

Answer by twinkletoes0408 at 12:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No. I think if the parent is happy it's easier to make the kids happy. I don't think I would want my kids living in a house with two unhappy adults.
    mysevenkids

Answer by mysevenkids at 12:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If it's not something that could be worked out, then NO, I wouldn't stay for the kids. That hurts the kids a lot more
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I don't know. I'd want to be happy and would probably feel like I couldn't move on with my life if I were stuck in a relationship with a man I didn't love. I'd probably be a pretty depressed mom and those aren't much better than divorce...
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 12:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Nope. I realized after 15 yrs of marriage that I was not going to be a very good mother to my kids if I was perpetually sad, angry & depressed. My kids deserve to have a happy, loving mother and I deserve to be happy, as well.

Exactly!!! You cannot be a good mom when your miserable!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes, I wouldn't breakup the family, almost anything can be worked out. Plus a divorce would be devestating for children
    Answer by gulfcoastmom4

Not everything can be worked out. It's not fair to anyone to continue to be unhappy.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 12:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Honestly I dont know~ I hope it never comes to that! after 91/2 years we are still doing great
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 12:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2010