has anyone gone to any thrift stores or garage/yard sales and found something that was off the wall amazing?

this is just a random question but i love garage sales and yard sales......i havent found anything that made me thank god for,buti have found some cool stuff

SMALLfry05

Asked by SMALLfry05 at 12:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I volunteer in a thrift store, it is not a goodwill or anything like that it is fun little store and when donations come in it is like Christmas when we open some of those bags. people really do not realize what their "junk" is worth. One lady came in a was so happy over a cookie jar, she told us that our $2 cookie jar was worth $300! alot of people come in from all over to find things to sell on ebay.
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• The best thing I ever found was an old wooden toy box (one of the huge ones, like they don't make anymore!) with Winnie the Pooh painted on it. I found it at Goodwill for like $10. I was so excited about it.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 12:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• thats awesome fallnangle93........i bet its beautiful too.....i love finding stuff like that!
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Once I found an authentic vintage movie poster of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre in mint condition that had been signed by the entire cast and the director. I couldn't believe it. The seller said "Oh I hate that thing, it was my son's, I'll sell it to you for a buck."

SCORE!
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 12:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I found an amazing purse at a thrift store, still in the box with tags. It was made from the album "The Long Run" by the Eagles. They are selling online for $125, I paid $15.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes, I found a new david's bridal wedding dress for $23. Checked online and it was $800! I sold it on ebay for $150!
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 1:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I love browsing the Thrift Stores and garage sales!
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 1:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• so much fun......you all found some awesome stuff!!!
    SMALLfry05

Comment by SMALLfry05 (original poster) at 1:12 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• SO works for a storage building plant. When customers dont pay after months of warning their building gets repoed w/ the items in them and the company has yard sales. SO always finds cool stuff. He got our ds's xmas present...a power wheels 4 wheeler for $10
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010