I don't want sex?

I'm just never in the mood, never. When my dh is it feels more like a chore lately. I used to have an extremely high sex drive then after my dd was born 2 yrs ago it slowly diminished to nothing. I'm 20 yrs old and I don't want to be touched sexually ever. What's wrong with me? I love my dh, especially the hugs, kisses & cuddles but I just never want sex. Can someone help?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Relationships

• this happens to women all the time but i still give my husband sex cause i love him and he needs it. even if i have to go through the motions. i think it's a small price to pay if you get a happy husband and for the sake of love. he means the world to me and i want to make him happy. we both want to be happy. i Sacrifice a little but get so much in return. just give him some if you love him. it's not like your going to jail or have to stand in the dvm line. it's just a few minutes of being an actress.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Maybe you need to spice things up. I know that my DH and I went through this a couple of years ago. After my 3rd child was born I never wanted to have sex, I think I even hated to some extent. Then I started to talking to other moms about their sex lives and then I started doing things for myself. After a while it got better and I got better at telling my DH what I wanted.

Then I went to a toy party and things got even better. I think you just need to find some way to start things again.

Good Luck
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 12:36 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Have you been dealing with depression at all?? Loss of sex drive is often a symptom of depression. Also stress can do it as well as a hormonal imbalance. You really should speak with your doctor about it.
    Anonymous

• Definitely go to your doctor. It just might be hormone defficiency. At your age sex should not be a chore!
    Anonymous

• i'm finally starting to get my sex drive back. After 3 1/2 yrs of trying to concieve, one round of IVF and then being pregnant with twins (too scared to have sex for the first 3-4 months and then too large to be comfortable for the last 3 months) and now my twins are 2 1/2 yrs old. Its still month to month in desire and frequency, some months we will have sex 2-3 times a week and other months we won't have sex at all. I totally understand that it feels like a chore sometimes, if it feels like work i usually just tell him before hand that i'll just tease him for a few minutes. If i get into it, i'll continue if i can't get into it then i kiss him and tell him goodnight. He usually understands without getting hurt feelings. You've got a little one, you're tired and probably cranky and maybe you just don't feel like your body is your own.
    r2mommy

Answer by r2mommy at 3:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i am the same way i would love to talk! I have absolutely no interest.
    thenewmum

Answer by thenewmum at 5:17 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• i so hear ya.. ever since my child was born 9 months ago , i have to think of sexual stuff just to get in the mood. i hate having sex, and im never in the mood. i dont know how to get my sex drive back, but your not alone!!!
    Anonymous