If am breast feeding and have not got my period in 2-3 months is it still safe to have unprotected sex

Yoan23

Asked by Yoan23 at 12:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• to avoid pregnancy? no. breastfeeding is not 100% birth control.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 12:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• NO!! You ovulate before you have your period! My period came back after 4 weeks, and I was EBFing. Breastfeeding is NOT a form of birth control.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No----you will need protection. My MIL thought it woulld be okay as long as she breast fed and didn't get her period,and she got pregnant within a few weeks of the birth of her first baby. Same thing happened to so many women. USe birth control.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Anytime you have unprotected sex you have the possibility of getting pregnant. If you don't want to have another baby, use protection.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 12:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• go right ahead if u want another baby
    aprilsalcro

Answer by aprilsalcro at 12:55 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• No
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My midwife told me that as long as I was EBF (meaning no solids/purees introduced), and I had not started my period, AND it was before DS turned 6 months old, that BF works for BC. But all of those three things must be in order for BF BC to work, if not, then it doesn't work for BC.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 1:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• BTW ... The midwife has over 30 years experience as a CNM and is also a RN.
    -Eilish-

Answer by -Eilish- at 1:04 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• not a good idea, i have a friend that has kids 13 months apart because she figured she'd be okay... she never got a period
    lovemylilman06

Answer by lovemylilman06 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• It is a reprieve from the monthly. Your chances are limited of getting pregnant, but not 100%. When you are breastfeeding, the body tricks itself into thinking that you are pregnant. I just had a iud put in and my baby is now three months. I didn't get pregnant. My so and I don't use condoms. I was actually worried when I went in to the doctors office to get the iud put in. They gave me a pregnancy test before they placed it.blank stare

sexyfancyface

Answer by sexyfancyface at 1:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010