Unity?, or Censorship? Stating one's opinion only ok when democrats do it?

There is a bizarre double-standard taking shape. For 8 years Republicans have had to endure the most mean partisan groups in USA destroy our president. Slanderous lies, hurtful ugly crap most untrue. Blaming HIM for everything, while NOT holding Congress accountable. Once again I am proud of conservatives, but anyone else tired of us being stomped on, then always having to be the "gracious" ones? (and we always are.)--like McCain's speech. Will it EVER be reciprocated? From almost EVERY media outlet, the Michael Moore crowd to the Oliver Stone crowd to the WORST- THE AP. The elitists left looks down on us with condescending comments, And now you want everyone to be "united, gracious, non-offensive + just get on board? Can anyone criticize Him? Ask Joe or the lady reporter in Fla., or the reporters thrown off the bus. if this post is gone in a day, than we ALL have to worry about CENSORSHIP.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• i agree.
    Anonymous

• Get over it, please find something else to gripe about. There are alot of conservitives that want to group up to. It is time to unite if you dont like it go somewere else some ppl dont want to hear the pitty party or the persamism
    Anonymous

• The reason republicans get deleted is because they ask hateful questions and hateful comments that is why stop blaming everyone else and look at yourself
    Anonymous

• Thank, God somebody finally said it!!!!
    praisinghim2day

Answer by praisinghim2day at 12:43 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• It will only get worse if the Democrats bring back the Fairness Doctrine

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/gop-preps-for-talk-radio-confrontation-2007-06-27.html

It's scarey to think that the Government wants to have more of a control of our Freedom of Speech and Freedom of Choice....
    I love my XM radio, I wonder how this would play into the XM stations. Anyone know?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• 12:39 PM anon, you need to be careful, because if they are attacking our right to free speech, your rights are right behind ours! already conservative talk shows have been warned that they need to curb their language and show support to obama... sounds a lot like how hitler started out.... not that i am saying obama is near to hilter.. just that they begin by taking away your freedom of speech and go from there....
    Anonymous

• Amen to that!

We are crucified on this site for standing up for what we believe, but I don't let it bother me. I refuse to lower myself to the standards of some.

Heaven forbid if you believe in traditional marriage, not killing innocent children and actually loving your husband.

Me and hubby watched The Crucible last night and when the clergy of Salem Mass was talking about how they were going to rid that town of the devil, whew, if only they could see their state now! Their whole country is now run by the devil.

As for me, I put my trust in God.
    muddysuzi

Answer by muddysuzi at 12:49 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• there is a thing called freedom of speech, but there are also things called guidelines. if you can't play within a certain websites guidelines, you don't get to play. children can't call names at school. you couldn't go to work and spout off political rhetoric or name calling of any sort. there are sexual harassment laws. it's common sense.
    Anonymous

• if you really think/know this website is being run by a liberal new yorker, why are you on it?
    Anonymous

• You are entitled to your opinion. And I am entitled to disagree with you. People will always disagree.
    Imaginaryfriend

Answer by Imaginaryfriend at 12:55 PM on Nov. 6, 2008