Help with breast!!!!!!!!!!!!1

I am 17 weeks pregnant and just noticed that my areola ( area around my nipple) is inflammed/puffy? I am freaking out. Is this something to do with milk glands, the pregnancy, etc...? Should I call doc.? It's tender. Nipples are chapped also. Please help :/

BRITTN3Y

Asked by BRITTN3Y at 1:06 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• Start applying cream, and then make an appointment with your Dr.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:08 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Call the doc and use the cream for chapping.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 1:09 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• They can get puffy, because your Montgomery glands and milk ducts are forming. Montgomery glands go around your areola, and help prevent your nipples from getting chapped. Get lanolin (Lansinoh) cream for your nipples. You can call the doc, but I'm guessing it's all normal development. =)
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:13 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Always best to check it out with your ob/gyn
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 1:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• call doctor asap
    MaybeMommy1994

Answer by MaybeMommy1994 at 1:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Sounds normal to me. The breast and nipples get very tender and they start to get what looks like little white cysts in them. You can check with the dr. But sounds very normal to me.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2010