How can you reverse legal charges to the other party??

I am needing a lawyer but I cant afford one right off. I mean I can come up with about $300 but I need $700 to get one. I was told that I could reverse charges to the other party. How can I go about doing that? Has anyone done this before? What steps need to be taken?

CindyJ1982

Asked by CindyJ1982 at 12:34 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Adoption

• only if you win and you have to pay  your lawyer first. you get reimburssed.  it isnt like because you need money to get the lawyer that you can force the other party to pay for it so you can take them to court! it does not work that way. 

Anonymous

• I don't understand what you're asking. I'm in law school right now, too, and I'm a bit confused as to what you want to do. You should see if you're eligible for a public defender. You'll need an attorney. (I'm answering this anonymously because I don't want people contacting me seeking free legal advice.)
    Anonymous

• You can ask in your petition to the court that you be paid back your fees if you win but that does not mean you will. If the guy wont pay his child support & you are trying to take his rights away & you win, do you really think he is going to pay you back for your legal fees?
    Anonymous

• It's AFTER the case in which the other party might be ordered to pay any of the legal fees...but that is only if you win and yet not all the time is it ordered.
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 3:54 PM on Nov. 6, 2008