Help With Mom

I am 16 and pregnant only in my 2nd week. problem is im not sure how to tell my mom and grandma. My fiancee is completely elated he is working on getting a job, car, and apartment. so im not completely screwed but i want my mom to be a part of this although i dont want to tell her until im sure i wont miscarriage.

help me?

MaybeMommy1994

Asked by MaybeMommy1994 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• WATCH THE SHOW 16 AND PREGNANT..ITS A REALITY SHOW BUT CAN SHOW YOU HOW DIFFERENT TEENS SITUATIONS PAN OUT. I MEAN IF YOUR FIANCEE IS SUPPORTIVE THATS GREAT. BUT ULTIMATELY IT WOULD BE YOUR MOM WHO WOULD BE YOUR BIGGEST HELP. THE DYNAMICS OF RELATIONSHIPS CHANGE ONCE CHILDREN COME INTO PLAY. SO I WOULD TELL MY MOTHER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO YOU GUYS CAN COME UP WITH THE BEST PLAN.
    Janellemommy82

Answer by Janellemommy82 at 1:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• You have to tell ppl when you're ready. I might wait until your b/f has a job for at least a month before saying anything. You need to make an ob/gyn appointment asap. At sixteen years old you are considered high risk, so you'll probably have to tell her sooner. They might notice the signs before you say anything anyway. Good luck.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 1:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would tell her now, and tell her about the plans, let her see your excitement and she might share it with you.

Answer by older at 1:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would tell her now to get over it. At 16 there are enough stressors with having a baby so young and you might as well get that minor one out of the way. How do you know you are 2wks pregnant? Two weeks is usually calculated to reflect the time of conception and you can not test that early and you would not have missed your period yet.

Well anywho.. good luck
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I am assuming that you mean you are 2 weeks late? then you are 6 weeks pregnant. If you were two weeks pregnant you wouldn't know about it yet.
    JLS2388

Answer by JLS2388 at 2:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I got pissed that my dd didn't tell me and let me help her through her's. Did you watch JUNO? Just make sure she/they are sitting down first. Sometimes the shock is a bit overwhelming for us old folks! Are you closer to one than the other? If so, go to that one then together go to the other one.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:36 PM on Dec. 5, 2010