Are people REALLY making money with Mona Vie or is it just glamour to try and recruit people?

I see people in my town with their decals all over their cars.

One lady said she is making money of of it and "has never sold a thing or recruited a single person".... yeah.... I've never heard that before from a work at home business or scam.

So, is it true about them or is it the same old-same old?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 1:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• According to the current MLM ratings, it doesn't even show up in the top lists.  Here is what they say:

"This rank displays where MonaVie ranks in our public interest database against all other MLM companies and home based businesses in our current profile. MonaVie's position in our index ranks them at 18 out of 676 home businesses actively tracked in our database."

That doesn't sound too good too me. 

You can find out more here:  MLM Rankings

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• so she is pushing a product she is not selling ?
    Another Amway MLM bunch of crap IMO
    chica1965

Answer by chica1965 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I never heard of Mona Vie, but I sell Avon. I have seen alot of other companies say we don't "sell" anything. When asked they usually spin it like we offer people our services or We offer people the opportunity to make money we don't recruit.
    bseastrand

Answer by bseastrand at 1:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Mona Vie is making a lot of money.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 1:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think both the juice itself and the "business opportunity" are losers. From everything I've seen and heard, it just sounds like every other MLM out there in which the people at the top make money and everyone else is stuck trying to sell over-priced products (by bugging the shit out of everyone they know) and recruiting more people into it.
    *I will say I don't have any personal experience with the company, but it's just the impression that I get based on the info I do know about it.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I never heard of that company and agree with vicesix
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:50 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Is that a "Pyramid scheme" ? I haven't heard of it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Im sure some people are making money however it is a MLM. The product is very expensive ACAI berry juice and most cant afford with these hard times.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I have never heard of it. So I would have to say that probably means people aren't making money on it. Plus, if you see a lot of saleswoman around town, it's probably a saturated market.

Also, not every business is a pyramind scheme.  The ones people start themselves from scratch aren't pyramind schemes.  You're thinking of direct sales businesses which are actually direct sales franchises no matter what the women doing it want to call it.

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:31 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• Thanks everyone for your great responses! :) I never actually intended to do anything with them.... that is unless there was some super duper secret I didn't know and these people were secretly making millions while the rest of us squandered away working our butts off (lol! Yeah right!).

Oh and Kerp... yeah it probaly is.... they all are aren't they? Acually, I consider EVERY business a piramid scheme, lol.... someone's over me, and them and them and them and we all get paid for the other one doing work. :)
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010