Being "Politically correct"?

Is anyone else sick and tired of being told to change such insignificant details such as: rather you say waiter or waitress? Trashman or sanitary engineer? Happy Holidays versus Merry Christmas?

Don't ppl have other things to worry about anymore??

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 1:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol. It's a fire fighter not a fireman and it's a mail carrier not a mailman anymore. Flight attendant not stewardess. I work in a kennel so I am changing my title form Kennel to Animal Welfare specialist. What do ya think?
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think that too many people have become to self riteous these days, I mean for God Sakes......we have far more to be concerned about in this world that such insignificant things as those!
    ditchen4

Answer by ditchen4 at 1:29 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes, I'm sick of it. Everyone is too damned touchy these days. Our constitution never guaranteed anyone the right to never have their feelings hurt. I feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time.
    vicesix

Answer by vicesix at 1:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes.Tired of it.I refuse to be "politically correct" no matter how much it may tick people off! Don't want to be onery,it's just the whole thing is getting ridiculous.
    GingerKitten

Answer by GingerKitten at 1:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yes, I am sick of it! I usually mess up somewhere along the line and get the big eyes or the sideways glare. If I'm not actually trying to offended someone why can't they just chill out a bit and stop taking everything so personally.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Yea some people just have to much free time to worry about such insignificant things.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:43 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• ive never been corrected except for here on cafemom. if i were to be corrected in person my first reaction would be to smile and nod or shrug. i dont have time to worry about political correctness, such an insignificant detail compared to everything else going on in the world.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:58 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Oh yeah and I love it when a bartender is called a "Mixologist". Stupid!
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 2:00 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Get off the internet, then. People in real life don't have much time to worry about these things, but come online and you'll see subjects like these beaten to death.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'm not a wife, I am a personal servant and sexual Goddess :P
    All I know is I will never give up saying Merry Christmas! and if someone doesn't like it tough frogs for them I'm not responsible for how strangers feel
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010