How long did you wait or are you planning to wait??

How long did you wait or are you planning to wait between your first and second child?

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 1:30 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• My kids are 18 & 17 months apart thank goodness for natural spacing. OY.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• We had planned to wait at least a couple of years between kids, but as it turned out I had another 12 months later, and it worked out beautifully, ten years later, I had my son and my family was complete.

Answer by older at 1:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• me and my husband thought about two years would be good and not to close. u need time to heal and give your first child the attention she or he need before u bring another one in to the world.. so they dont feel like u are trying to replace them.
    mommayoder

Answer by mommayoder at 1:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Our second child was an "ut oh!" Our oldest was about 11 months. We hadn't discussed ttc a second but she was a happy accident. When she was 2.5 we decided to ttc #3 figuring that it wouldn't take too long. She was 5.5 when #3 was born.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My kids are 3 years + 1 week apart. June 22, 2002 and June 29, 2005.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 1:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My oldest was about 2 and 3/4 when I had the twins.
    mama10johnsons

Answer by mama10johnsons at 1:38 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Well my first and second are twins, and only 16 minutes apart...but between my first two and my third there is 19 months.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 1:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• my first 2 are 3 years and 3 mo apart...we were hopiing they would be a bit closer in age but it works for us
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• In my mind I always wanted to wait 3 -4 years after my first. I decided I was going to wait longer after I get my career rolling and in a real committed and loving relationship. My plan was to leave my daughters father but everything did not go as my second plan and now im pregnant and DD is 3 and will be 4 when the baby is here.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:42 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My daughter is 6 mos old now and we would like to wait until shes about 2-3 years old before the 2nd baby.
    IzysMomma

Answer by IzysMomma at 1:48 PM on Dec. 5, 2010