How old was your baby ...

When they got use to the bath? My daughter is ten months and still screams even before going in the tub.

bseastrand

Asked by bseastrand at 1:37 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• mine has always loved it. do you have toys? distractions work like a charm. now my little one just keeps saying no to not get out of the bath. good luck
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My daughter loved the water since she was an infant and is 3 and will shower and bathe all day long every day if she could. My friends daughter was like your daughter and eventually got use it. Try making it fun, bring toys, sing while in the tub, get in the tub with her and show her there is nothing to be afraid of.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 1:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• lol. mine was around 18 months before she stopped crying through baths. and the pool was a nightmare! lol. I actually got in the tub with my DD for until she was a little over a year and then I had to just try to comfort her long enough to get her clean! She eventually adjusted.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• my youngest is 10 months. she and both my other girls loved and still love bathtime. the biggest problem i have with her is her standing up in the tub constantly! i guess just make her baths short & sweet if she's not a fan yet, with lots of toys & splash the water with her.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:51 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• My boys LOVE the bath. My 1st son Loved splashing at 3 months. Now, the pool, however is still a challenge.

TNM786- My son would always stand up in the tub. Everytime he did I ended bath time....he learned quickly.
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 1:57 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• lol @sunshine, that is pretty much what i've been doing lately. after the 2nd or 3rd time of sitting her down and telling her no, i get her right out of that tub!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:59 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Mine only took a couple trips to the bath tub before she was used to it and she's loved her baths ever since.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 2:01 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• my 18 month old fell asleep during her first tub bath. it was soo sute. she finds baths soothing, im not sure what to do for a kids that hates baths. sorry.
    cassie_m

Answer by cassie_m at 4:26 PM on Dec. 5, 2010