Got BFP yesterday, but can ovarian cysts cause false positives?

Just got a BFP yesterday morning. EDD 8/9!! So excited! I'm a lil concerned though because I went in for an u/s on 12/1 to check the size of a fibroid and a cyst that I have. They found that I have 3 fibroids now and said the cyst had ruptured. Of course being over-joyed that I got a BFP I started searching different sites to make sure it was correct and found a few sites saying that ruptured cysts can give false-positives =(

Also, my obgyn didnt say anything about seeing a baby in there. Would they see it this early or could I possibly be having a false positive? I'd be crushed if I'm really not preggo =(

My LMP was 11/2 and I'm now 3 days late for AF. Any thoughts?

babylamb2011

Asked by babylamb2011 at 1:56 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It's probably too early to see a baby in there. Sometimes cysts can cause false positives, but it is very rare. I'd say there is about a 95% chance that you are actually pregnant.

Congrats!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:02 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I think you either have the pregnancy hormone in your system or not. Confirm with your doctor with a blood test.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010