Children with Diabetes?

I was wondering what the symptoms were of diabetes for children? I am taking my 2 year old in on Wednesday for a glucose check. My sister use to take care of a 2 year old who acts just like my 2 year old. With the getting up in the middle of the night and eating sugar and so on i just don't know if she has a really bad sweet tooth or if her body just needs it?
thank you for any advice you ladies have

LOVE_mygirls58

Asked by LOVE_mygirls58 at 2:03 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Kids' Health

• My cousin's son and my nephew have diabetes. The major signs were that they both were thirsty all the time.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 12:05 AM on Dec. 7, 2010

• Well you are taking her for a test, so that is good. But I think she has a bad sweet tooth. A child suffering from diabetes would not need sugar, they would need the opposite. No sugar. Some symtoms would be head aches, crankiness, dizziness, possibly shaking
    AbsoluteSelf

Answer by AbsoluteSelf at 5:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• AbsoluteSelf is correct. They would need the opposite and they are usually sick, they also pee a ton and drink a ton too, and have weight loss.
    Mipsy

Answer by Mipsy at 12:00 PM on Dec. 6, 2010

• My cousin had it and she lost a lot of weight, got lethargic, and developed circles under her eyes.
    Shanna84

Answer by Shanna84 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 6, 2010