What's a warming and welcoming color to paint a girls and boys room who share?

My kids are 18 months apart. Toddler and baby. I want to know what to paint their room, and any ideas on a cute theme? I thought about animails, or winnie the pooh. But I want a theme that they can grow with for at least 4- 5 years. I want something nice and elegant looking but with the right theme. I want a fun looking kids room with warming and inviting colors.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Home & Garden

• When my grandson and granddaughter were still in the same room I had it done in green and beige Noahs Ark
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'm always a fan of earthy colors. Like a green and brown - you can do a lot with those colors. You can also at blue and purple blankets,pillows, etc to it on their sides of the room. Add monkey's, trees, clouds...see where I'm going?
    sunshine58103

Answer by sunshine58103 at 2:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I would do solid walls. Use framed pictures, rugs and bed spreads as you theme. That way you can change the decore a little at a time as their interest change.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 2:33 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I'd probably go for a bright yellow or green... both are inviting, kid-friendly, and gender-neutral. Or maybe a nice warm chocolate brown. Blue & pink both look cute with brown, so that would work with them sharing. Maybe some of those stick-on wall decals as well? That way you can change the look a bit as they get a little older
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 2:39 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Meeting House by ICI/Colour Your World;
    Hawthorn Yellow by Benjamin Moore
    SamKJones

Answer by SamKJones at 2:41 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• _Tam_

Answer by _Tam_ at 3:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I love a nice yellow. It makes waking up fun and easy.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 9:52 AM on Dec. 6, 2010