Need creative ways to hang medals

My husband is a runner and cyclist and has numerous medals from races he's placed in the past couple of years. I made him an office last year, but it has limited wall space (due in part to half the room being my scrapping room LOL) but I need suggestions for some creative things to do with the medals. I would love some ideas!! He probably has around 20-25 of them right now...with more to grow so whatever I pick needs to be able to be added to. The room has two windows in the corner that meet so I thought maybe something over the windows??

mommytoadam

Asked by mommytoadam at 12:38 PM on Nov. 6, 2008 in Home & Garden

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • Why not make tiered mobiles to hang from the ceiling all around the room. You could use a high test fishing line and some metal rings of differnt sizes (easily found at any craft store).
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 1:19 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• The windows sound like a cute idea! If not them mabe you can hang them from a book case or a shelf.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 12:46 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• Not sure if you have floor and wall space, but my husband has tons of medals from being in the army, and i got him a floor shelf with a glass front (to keep out kids), and a shadow box for the extra special medals to go into. if that is too much, maybe just a few shadow boxes made into decorative art pieces (aka scrapbook stuff works great i find) to hang over windows.
    2babygirls_mom

Answer by 2babygirls_mom at 12:51 PM on Nov. 6, 2008

• I would arrange them in a shadow box with a piece of coordinating scrapbook paper behind them.
    Anonymous

• Thank you to all who gave suggestions!! My wall space is pretty limited due to a large closet, his desk and (oops) all my scrapbooking stuff!! LOL

I appreciate all your responses!
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 3:20 PM on Nov. 7, 2008