Thank you if youre not taking advantage of our tax money!!!

Im not saying everyone does this, but I work at a grocery store and I see it all the time. People buy lobster tails (24.99 lb), beef tenderloin steak (17.99lb), $50 birthday cakes and the most expensive food with food stamps, I work 50 hours a week and cant afford that for my family, but people who dont have jobs or just have litters of children can. And every 1st of the month people come to cash out thier welfare come in expensive shoes and clothes, have iphones and Louis Vuitton purses (which are probably fake but are still like 80 bucks). Now that just pisses me off because half those people ive known for years and I know none of them work just have 5 or 6 kids and get all public assistance they can get. Its dicusting how people take advantage and people who work their ass off cant afford nice things for our families.

Like I said I know not every one does this, I really appreciate people who are on public assistance because they really need it! Thank you if youre not doing this with our tax money!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in Money & Work

• and people who work their ass off cant afford nice things for our families.

Your inability to budget your money in a way that allows you to afford occasional lobster tails or steak is nobody's fault but your own. Funny, I spend $50/wk on groceries and we still manage to have steak.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:20 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I see people abusing it all the time & it just drives me crazy! I did have food stamps for like 5 months & that was because we genuinely needed it...my hubby was laid off a total of 5 times & things were hard even then we were still paying out of pocket because it cost allot to feed a family of 5. But i completely agree with you that it is not right & those people need to get their stuff together.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 2:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Lots of people dont really need welfare but still get it. A woman told be that she earns 8000 a month and gets disability for her child. They found out and she has to pay it back. But she also said she didnt even claim her husband, he has a job too of course. Some people try to take everything for free they can.
    Anonymous

• I will never judge. They could have all the nice things and louis bag before hard times hit. The food they eat is a personal choice and if they are spending so much on pricey foods then that means they will stay hunger for the rest of the month, if it lasts then they are managing what they get with how much they receive even if it looks like luxury food to you.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:14 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I know what you mean. And there a lot of people who just beat the system and get it but wouldnt really get it and especially dont need it.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:22 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I know what you mean. There are too many people out there using the system . Fortunately none of us in the family or inlaws have ever needed FoodStamps or ant kind of welfare. I remember an episode, expose,on "60 Minutes" quite a few years ago about people on Welfare who drove Caddilacs, had memberships at country clubs,etc, but were able to screw the Government out of all kinds of welfare money. It is a reality and no matter how "generous' and forgiving and understanding we are about unfortunate families who need help, the honest ones are very few ---and the cheaters are too many to tolerate.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 2:24 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• heard news that they are gonna or going to bad buying sodas with food stamps at least in the state of new york. Maybe they should put a few othe rthings on that lost as well. Since food stamps are meant for people and families in need to help them not to starve. And if ones spent so much one one thing hows he gonna be able to eat during the whole rest of the month? That should sent some alram bells off cause that probably means that they have other sources of income.
    LittleBirdFly

Answer by LittleBirdFly at 2:31 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Why are people ASSUMING that food stamp users are NOT WORKING.....I used to be on food stamps and would work as well. i would go to the grocery store in my work UNIFORM and use my food dstamps, buying the cheap basics and people behind me would have me in tears feeling like crap for using foodstamps....I WAS OBVIOUSLY EMPLOYEED...but yet people had to complain anyway. a person does not know the circumstances behind each person. maybe the nice stuff came before the need for pa
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:49 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Im not talking about people who lost thier jobs, Im talking about the people who have been on on it 10+ years

....so working at the grocery store lets you into the lives of these people. How do you know they are on it for 10+yrs. I am sure there is a limit to how long on can stay on assistance.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 3:07 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• There was a time when I was a working full time single mom with 3 kids on food stamps but I got so much My cabinets, fridge, freezer, & even shelves in my closet would be full and I would STILL have atleast 100-200 left at the end of the month so yeah I bought my kids whatever they wanted. People on food stamps doesn't bother me and I could care less what they are eating because it's better than seeing them under a bridge holding up a sign begging for handouts from passers by. I'm more angry with S.S. giving the money we are putting in for our retirements to current retirees, raising the retirement age, and telling us that when we do finally retire we will only get 76 cents per dollar owed to us and we just have to grin & bear it.
    405mom

Answer by 405mom at 2:28 PM on Dec. 5, 2010