how should i handle this?

my 18 year old daughter is 5 weeks pregnant, i dont know what to do, her dad kicked her out and shes staying at her boyfrend's house, which his parents will kick both of them out when she gets bigger but the problem is, i have no room in my apartment whats so ever for 2 more people, let alone one, my brother lives with me, and we have a dog, my daughter and her boyfriend, her rats and his dog wont be able to fit anywhere in my apartment plus if they move in ill have to pay more rent for the 2 extra people, and i can barely afford this place already, i know shes my daughter and i should make room for her but if she thinks shes a big girl and can get pregnant she can do this on her own

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:19 PM on Dec. 5, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would get a bigger place that you all can rent like a 3 bedroom house and everybody needs to hold down a job
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 2:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• If you want to make room for her and help out a bit...she needs to understand that pets at this point are not a priority and she would need to find them new homes. Then maybe you would be able to make everyone fit. At that point have everyone get jobs, pull income, and get a bigger place to accomodate all of you...just one scenario
    chanelsparkels

Answer by chanelsparkels at 2:23 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• the problem is my brother cant even get a job so its even harder for my daughter and her boyfriend to get a job
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:25 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• I doubt Very Seriously your daughter thinks that she is a " Big Girl " right now- She is probably Scared to Death- I would support my daughter any way that i could if i were in this situation- Try to be there for her; she needs you the Most right now Momma! Wishing you both lots of luck-

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 2:32 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i have a feeling she did this on purpose i mean i know my ex husband wouldnt have kicked her out if it was an accident
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:34 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• Since your questions is "What would YOU do" I would give my brother a time frame to a get a job and live on his own and be a supportive mom to my daughter. As children we do not always do as our parents wishes or grow up how they would like us too and often times make huge mistakes such as this. I would definitely tell her I am disappointed but would have to take her in knowing that she is pregnant and was kicked out of dads and will be kicked out again. If you cant afford paying more on rent then your brother, daughters boyfriend and daughter (after she gives birth) need to find a job so that you guys can have a bigger home.
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:35 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i know i should have her come live with me again but i cant bring myself to do it....i havnt seen my daughter since she was 7...and now she wants to come live with me so she can have a roof over her head.......in my family if a kid leaves they dont go back to the families house.....i honestly cant bring myself to do this even if its my grand child growing in her....i just dont know if i can do it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• They can sign up for housing. No need for you to be inconvenienced.
    Anonymous

• .in my family if a kid leaves they dont go back to the families house.....

in my family once you have a kid you have it for life...
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 2:52 PM on Dec. 5, 2010

• i understand that but once a kid leaves they should be able to take care of themselves they shouldnt move back to their parents house....thats just how i feel
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:54 PM on Dec. 5, 2010